Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For the New Grandparents




I so love this image from Penny Black Stamps. He's just so cute. I made this card for some special friends Sonja & Col, who have just had their first grandchild.
The image is stamped onto cream cardstock & coloured with watercolour pencils. I've cut the oval shape & scallop oval from nestables and mounted onto cream cardstock which I have run through the cuttlebug with textile texture folder. The blue card is SU Brocade Blue. The brads are actually homemade as I didn't have any to match. I've punched these from hole punch and added SU crystal effects to give them the raised look. This idea came from my friend Sharon. The "Congratulations"is stamped in versafine vintage sepia and a touch of sponging arount the edges. The organza ribbon is from my stash.
Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute.
    Gotta love the Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute and cuddly bear! Another beautiful creation too. Dawnie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this is so cute - you have used a lot of my favourites here - Textured Textiles, Brocade Blue, Bears and Faux Brads - this is a wiiner by me!!! Lovely card and I am sure your friends will love it!!! Well done!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always delightful!~ Hope u feel better. Hugs~ D;)xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails